The Youth Opportunities Fund (YOF) is recruiting volunteers to be part of our Grant Review Committee!The Youth Opportunities Fund (YOF)
The Young Canadians Roundtable on Health (YCRH) The Youth Opportunities Fund (YOF) is recruiting volunteers to be part of our Grant Review Committee!
Interested in making an impact in your community?
Passionate about supporting grassroots initiatives?
Wanting to participate in creating opportunities for Indigenous and Black communities?
YOF’s Grant Review Committee (GRC) is looking for volunteers in catchment areas all across Ontario to inform its grant decisions and share insights on what’s important to communities. There are 16 different catchments areas in Ontario. Find your catchment area.
Members of the Grant Review Committee (GRC) assess grant applications and provide recommendations on projects that align with YOF requirements for project funding. We are looking for Indigenous and Black volunteers who have shared identities and lived experiences with YOF priority communities to contribute to supporting grassroots leadership from across communities. We welcome volunteers with diverse perspectives and experiences. We are looking for young leaders, elders and parents, guardians and caregivers to join the committee. The GRC meets remotely allowing improved flexibility and accessibility. Former YOF grantees are welcome to apply. Current grantees cannot be members of the GRC.
Priority communities include:
- Indigenous youth (First Nation, Métis, or Inuit)
- Black youth
- Racialized youth
- Newcomer youth
- Francophone youth
- Two-spirit, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer (2SLGBTQ+) youth
- Youth living with disabilities or special needs between the ages of 12 to 29
- Youth living in rural, remote and/or Northern communities
- Youth in conflict or at risk of being in conflict with the law
- Youth in care or leaving care
- Youth in low-income situations or from low-income families
- Youth who are homeless or at risk of being homeless
- Youth at-risk of dropping out or have dropped out of school
To demonstrate your interest in joining the YOF Grant Review Committee:
Email: email@example.com by September 12, 2022
Email subject line: YOF Volunteer
Provide a short description of your:
work in community,
knowledge of equity frameworks that aligns with YOF.