The Black Peer Education Network (BPEN) is one of Black Women in Motion’s core programs and is dedicated to creating healthier and safer learning spaces for Black youth to collectively work through dismantling and challenging rape culture and sexual violence within the Black community.
The BPEN works with youth who are Black or of African descent (including but not limited to Afro-Caribbean, Black-Indigenous, and/or Afro-Latinx) between the ages of 16-29, to encourage critical and reflective conversations about sexual violence and consent and what our community needs to learn and unlearn to heal and move forward.
Rate of Pay: $450 Monthly Honorarium
Work Details: 6 hours per week
Contract Length: July 6 – December 18, 2020
Work Location: Multiple Locations within Toronto, with weekly in-person professional development sessions + remote work.
Number of Positions: 10
- Must identify as Black or of African descent (including but not limited to Afro-Caribbean, Black-Indigenous, and/or Afro-Latinx);
- Be between the ages of 16-29;
- Priority will be given to youth from Neighbourhood Improvement Areas/Toronto Community Housing communities;
- Passionate about social justice issues that impact and affect Black folx;
- Committed to working within an integrated anti-oppression and anti-racist framework.
We prioritize the voices and experiences of survivors.
To Apply, please send a copy of your resume to email@example.com with “Consent Animator” listed in the subject line.
Due to COVID-19 safety precautions, we will be holding interviews via Zoom and Telephone.