The Database & Development Administrator is responsible for helping to meet the
organization’s fundraising goals through donor data management and stewardship.
Your database expertise, reporting and analytical skills will help inform the strategies to
grow and diversify development revenues. You will also play a key role in donor
stewardship and retention to ensure the growth of our donor base for the future.
Please click Learn More for details.
Focus of responsibilities may shift year to year due to ongoing projects.
DATABASE ADMINISTRATION – 33%
- Creates database procedures and coding to improve overall integrity, accuracy
and security of the Stella’s Place Development database
- Ensures the timely and accurate entry of donor information, donations and event
- Responsible for tax receipting and acknowledgement process
- Drafts and updates acknowledgement letters regularly as well as follows up with
team members for specific letter templates
- Provides database support & training as required
DATA ANALYTICS – 33%
- Extracts data for: prospect pipelines, solicitations, newsletters, event
communications, invitations, etc.
- Prepares weekly/monthly fundraising reports and analysis as well as other
database reports as required
- Prepares donor recognition listings for annual reports, website and donor
- Liaises with Finance Department for monthly & annual reconciliation & CRA
- Undertakes data analytics/analyzes appeals and fundraising performance to
support organizational decision making and make recommendations as needed
DONOR STEWARDSHIP – 33%
- In conjunction with the Manager of Communications, Marketing & Stewardship
develops the annual donor stewardship plan
- In consultation with Development team members, supports the gift
confirmation process (pledge forms and reminders, gift agreements, etc.)
- Works collaboratively with Stella’s Place colleagues to collect program
information and evidence-based data for Development stewardship reports,
proposals and other donor communications
- Independently handles donor stewardship activities such acknowledgement
process, thank you/stewardship calls, annual and stewardship report
dissemination and other donor communications as needed