The Laidlaw Foundation supports young people in being fully engaged in the civic, social, economic and cultural life of diverse and environmentally healthy communities.
What can I expect to do in the Role:
- Spreadhead the design of an Outreach plan to engage Indigenous youth from the Rural Remote North as well as Urban Indigenous youth in Southern areas of the province
- Serve as the primary contact for the fund within the community, and be able to contribute with program updates at regular team meetings
- Play key role in the review and assessment of submitted applications and provide insights and knowledge from lived experiences supporting youth within Indigenous Communities across the province
- Self identify as First Nations/Metis/Inuit
- College diploma or University degree in education, policy, social services, special events and/ or arts and culture
- At least 3 years of work experience in industries such as education, business, policy, social services, special events and/or arts and culture
- Strong oral communicator and strong problem solver
- Self starter, strong multitasker, ability to work collaboratively on a small team and contribute to a team effort (Note: position will be a remote position at this time due to the pandemic, but is based out of our office in Foundation House in Toronto)
- Quick learner when it comes to program and technologies
- Able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines
Knowledge of Indigenous languages is an asset.
Salary Range: $55-60k /year How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday February 10, 2021 at 5pm
Please see the Learn More link for a full list of job responsibilities and requirements!