Are you an Indigenous youth aged 13-30!? Apply for up to $500 to lead an online/virtual event or project!
The #IndigenousYouthRise COVID-19 support fund is a grant to support Indigenous youth and promote community wellness during the COVID-19 pandemic!
The Support Fund offers up to $500 for online projects that occur in Canada and are Indigenous youth-led (ages 13-30). All you need to do is submit a short application for the event/project you want to lead! Projects must take place virtually and can include:
- Art based workshops & gatherings (beading, drumming, painting, weaving, carving, poetry, music, etc.)
- Online concerts, talent shows or performances
- Educational webinars (medicines, mental health, cultural teachings, language, Indigenous youth perspectives, etc.)
- Storytelling, video projects or podcasts
- Care packages
- Online community games, challenges & contests (social media, charades, scavenger hunts, IQ games, Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune, jigging, powwow, virtual sports, etc.)
- Indigenous youth advocacy (roundtables on specific issues, panel discussions, etc.)
- Skill and knowledge development training or courses (leadership, mental health training, masterclasses, etc.)
We believe that Indigenous youth deserve to stay connected during this time, and we want to support you to do that.