TNO believes that young people are the leaders of their own lives and with supportive, caring adults to help guide them, they will excel through their individual life journey. TNO’s Youth program is created and guided by young people’s voices and centred around the health and wellbeing of Youth. The focus of the program is Leadership, Wellness, Empowerment, and Success with programming to support physical & mental wellness, education, employment, creativity and more through a strength based, anti-oppression, Harm Reduction approach.
In collaboration with the Flemo City Media facility and brand, the Media Specialist will focus on introducing and developing youth passion and of learning, developing and creating through all forms of media expression. The ideal candidate will live and breathe all things media, have the ability to bring, teach, facilitate and generate ideas with youth and is constantly exploring new trends and advances with the goal of sharing and teaching others.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage all pieces of this portfolio from program design & implementation, to communication, reporting and statistical tracking.
- Work collaboratively with youth and team members to co-create and implement programming and activities that address their identified needs and support youth defined goals including community development activities as identified with you.
- On a rotational basis, lead drop-in (virtually and in-person) for current and new clients to talk, ask questions, obtain resources and connect.
- Support and create programming for TNO Camps
- Foster an environment that is respectful, inclusive and welcoming by working collaborative, facilitating discussion, practicing active listening and developing mutual understand with youth.
- Identify emerging community issues, service gaps and opportunities for action to build on community capacity.
- Proactively conduct outreach and engage young people in a variety of settings across the community.
- Organize and participate in public education seminars, workshops, groups and training for youth, parents and service providers.
- Enter and maintain client and case management information into required database(s).
- Maintain required program records and submit required weekly and monthly reports and as requested by the management of the agency; maintain nuanced records for youth in order to identify development, needs and provide specialized support.
- Ensure security and confidentiality of all records
- Collaborate with team members and partners on youth and community projects.
- Actively participate in program’s community development activities including advocacy, outreach, community engagement and empowerment activities.
Please click Learn More for details.