Project Coordinator and Research Assistant, Black Youth Service Access Experience Research InitiativeWisdom2Action
In 2020, Wisdom2Action undertook a community engagement initiative with Black youth and Black service providers to explore opportunities and identify recommendations to address anti-Black racism in social services. W2A is continuing to build on this work through a national research project to better understand the experiences of Black youth accessing community, health, and social services, and how access and service-use experience impacts Black youth mental health and resilience in Canada. The Project Coordinator will be tasked with overseeing and guiding this research initiative, which includes significant community engagement, outreach, research, and resource development components.
- Convene and facilitate a project-based youth advisory committee (YAC)
- In partnership with project partners and YAC, draft and disseminate national survey
- Undertake community-led data analysis of survey findings in partnership with the YAC
- Create, review and revise final report detailing key project findings, recommendations and next steps
- Lead the development of knowledge mobilization resources to share key learnings and recommendations identified through the survey and community engagement modalities.
- Demonstrated excellence in project management and organizational skills
- Exceptional communication and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently within a flexible team dynamic
- Excellent writing and resource development skills, with a focus on creating resources for front-line service providers.
- Experience working in community-based engagement initiatives, including but not limited to community-based qualitative research, front-line service provision, or advocacy initiatives.
- Experience working with Black youth and Black service providers
- Experience working virtually with a small team and alongside diverse partner organizations
Please click the Learn More link for more information!