Frontlines is hiring a Youth Engagement Worker – Team Lead.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, and managing a wide range of programs that meet participants’ physical, social, emotional, intellectual, and spiritual needs.
- Enhances and modifies programs/activities/services as applicable by assessing the community and participants’ needs and interests.
- Provide one-on-one support to youth.
- Supervises, hires, orients, motivates, and trains assigned staff, ensuring effective teamwork, high standards of staff and organizational performance, while promoting continuous learning and innovation in others. Monitors and evaluates staff performance.
- Supervises the day-to-day operation of all assigned staff including the scheduling, assigning, and reviewing of work. Authorizes and coordinates vacation and overtime requests.
- Assists supervisors in conducting regular volunteer performance reviews and exit interviews.
- Maintains effective communication with Executive Director, residents, family members, staff, volunteers, and participants.
- Promotes the involvement of volunteers amongst program staff.
- Provides input into and administers assigned budget, ensuring that expenditures are controlled and maintained within approved budget limitations.
- Recommends policies and procedures regarding program specific requirements.
- May be required to attend project-related community consultation meetings, as required.
- Prepares various correspondences and reports on daily, monthly, and annual basis.
- Plans, co-ordinates, implements, and evaluates special events.
- Responsible for program planning, training, and meetings.
- Plans special events and day trips.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Must be able to work some evenings or weekends.
- Education in Social Work, Child and Youth Work/Care, Criminology.
- Youth Engagement: 3 years (required).
- G or G2 (required).
- Temporarily due to COVID-19.
Contract Length: 12 months
Job Types: Full-Time, Contract
Salary: $17.00 to $19.00/hour
Please apply through https://ca.indeed.com/cmp/Weston-Frontlines-Centre-1/jobs.