The Canadian Council for Refugees (CCR) is seeking candidates for a permanent full-time (35 hours/week) position to support the CCR Youth Network, to promote youth engagement within the CCR membership and to support related project activities.
Working in close collaboration with other staff and Youth Network leaders, the person will:
- Support the development of the CCR Youth Network, through ongoing recruitment and support of newcomer youth leaders
- Support the effective functioning of the Youth Network Core Group, through preparation and follow up of meetings, and promotion of volunteer leadership
- Oversee the planning and implementation of an annual Youth Action Gathering
- Oversee activities (such as events, or developing resources) on priorities identified by the youth
- Do outreach with CCR member organizations to promote youth engagement and youth leadership, and maintain active communication with these organizations
- Plan, monitor and report on implementation of youth engagement initiatives
- Support CCR projects from time to time that relate to Youth Network priorities (for example, on anti-racism)
- Experience in engaging and mobilizing youth
- Knowledge of immigration and integration issues faced by youth (preferably personal experience as a newcomer youth)
- Demonstrated commitment to human rights, social justice and anti-oppression
- Commitment to promoting youth leadership
- Fluently bilingual (English/French)
- Skills in doing outreach (to youth and organizations) at a national level
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others both internally and externally
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite as well as other online platforms
Based at the CCR office in Montreal (currently mostly working remotely). Salary according to CCR salary scale.
The position could involve some travelling within Canada.
The CCR encourages applications from refugees, immigrants, people of colour, gay, lesbian, bisexual, trans and two-spirited people.
To be considered, candidates should apply at https://ccrweb.ca/en/job-youth-coordinator by May 8, 2022
We welcome all applications but regret we are only able to respond to applicants invited for an interview.