Job House is launching Youth Works, a PAID program that assists youth to gain key skills through interactive pre-employment and life skills workshops.
The workshops include:
- Conflict resolution
- First Aid/CPR
- Food Handlers
- Health & safety in the workplace
- Networking skills
- Smart Serve
- Financial literacy
- & a personal career assessment and analysis!
This program is 6-weeks long, Monday to Friday; 10am – 4pm and is completed online. The pre-employment training is PAID training. During the 6 weeks of training, the youth will have access to additional resources to support their success in training (e.g., counselling, grocery cards). Once they complete the training all youth work with a job developer to secure a PAID 8-week placement with one of our employer partners.
- Be in the ages between 15 and 30
- Canadian citizens, permanent residents, or people with Convention Refugee status (with eligible work permit)
- Have a SIN and photo ID
- Be looking for support in finding employment
- Not enrolled in school or working
- Have good internet access and commitment to using camera in workshops (support provided with access to technology)
For more information and to register – please connect with our team infoES@tngcs.org or 416-691-7407
Please click Learn More for details.