With the beginning of the school year, Young Canadian’s Parliament (YCP) is offering a program that educates young people about their rights, the political and democratic system in Canada, supports them to advocate for themselves, and increases their attachment to Canada. This program also includes opportunities for them to interact directly with parliamentarians and caters to a diverse group of young people under the age of 18.
The YCP aims to develop leaders of today and tomorrow who can advocate for themselves and their communities and the program begins on September 24, 2022. Members will attend 10 online sessions between September 2022 and February 2023. Each session is 1.5 hours in length and held on Saturdays. To see the dates please go to the Children First Canada website by clicking here.
We believe that young people from diverse communities should have an opportunity to engage civically with each other to speak up about the matters that are most important to their generation.
In this opportunity, you will be able to:
- Meet other kids and youth across Canada, and join the YCP community
- Receive a certificate of completion at the end of the one-year program
- Receive an official letter of recognition for 15 hours of volunteer services
- Gain exposure to networking and career development opportunities
- Learn more ways to take action, get involved and make a difference!
The deadline to apply is November 22nd, and registrants will be notified on a rolling basis. For more information, click here.