Black Youth Wellbeing
Learn More Resources
YouthREX creates and curates relevant and accessible evidence-based resources from research, practice, and lived experience, designed for the Ontario youth sector.
Below is a selection of resources available through our online Knowledge Hub for working against anti-Black racism.
Seven Approaches to Inform Mentorship Programs for Black Youth
- African Canadian Transformation Framework: A Tool for Assessing Program Impact
- For Our Children and Youth: Remembering What We Already Know
- Effectively Supporting Black Youth
- An Agency Checklist: Anti-Black Racism, Anti-Oppression and Children and Youth Mental Health
- Anti-Black Racism, Cultural Safety: Clinical Practice Components/Competencies
Towards Race Equity in Education: The Schooling of Black Students in the Greater Toronto Area
York University, 2017
One Vision, One Voice:
Changing the Child Welfare System for African Canadians
Ontario Association of Children’s Aid Societies, 2016
A Better Way Forward: Ontario’s 3-Year Anti-Racism Strategic Plan
Government of Ontario, 2017
Conversations About Masculinity: How Mentors Can Support Young Men of Color
IN THE NEWS
Access additional resources to support your work with Black youth on our Knowledge Hub!