What will you be doing?
- Work with Co-Chair to provide strategic direction to FSC YC Executive Team on yearly activities and governance structure, aligning with the developed YC mission, vision and objectives
- Facilitate regular strategic visioning and internal process evaluation to improve team efficiency
- Act as the key liaison with FSC and other key partners to identify opportunities to mobilize team and YC network, aligning activities with focus areas identified by partners
- Represent Youth Caucus and participate in regional/national/international food networks
- Provide support to Executive Team around capacity building, strategic communications, volunteer management, partnership development, evaluation and resource development
- Develop and provide ongoing support for an operational strategy with supporting policies to support good practices around YC network and team administration
- Lead the recruitment and expansion process of FSC YC Executive Team as needed
- Determine resource needs and with Committee leads, develop plans to secure them
- Facilitate the biweekly Executive Committee meetings
- Ensure documentation and institutional memory of FSC YC
Who are we looking for?
- A food-loving individual with knowledge of what’s happening in the food (systems) scene in Canada
- Demonstrates excellent leadership skills including the ability to manage and inspire teams
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships, with sensitivity to and tolerance of differing views
- Capability to set direction and focus on strategic priorities, managing activities within the scope of the Youth Caucus
- Ability to clearly and comfortably delegate and broadly share both responsibility and accountability
- Takes initiative and has strong interpersonal, strategic, decision-making and organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and respond to communications in a timely fashion
- Able to commit at least 15 hours per month, with a minimum two-year commitment to the role
- Can be based anywhere in Canada
- Fluent or working knowledge of French is an asset
If you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by December 8, 2023 with your resume and a 500 word response expressing your interest in joining our team!
Please indicate you saw this posting at GoodWork.