Application Form IPC Youth Advisory Council
The Information and Privacy Commissioner of Ontario (IPC) is looking for young people aged 15 to 24 to join the IPC’s first-ever Youth Advisory Council to share their views on the risks of the digital world and how to strengthen privacy protections for Ontario’s children and youth. As part of the IPC Youth Advisory Council, you will meet other young people from across the province, build advocacy skills, and provide advice and ideas to decision makers.
Who can apply?
- Applicants must:
be a current resident of Ontario between ages 15 and 24 on the closing day of the recruitment campaign, December 9, 2022
have access to a computer and an internet connection to participate in meetings
What are the benefits of being on the council?
- By joining the IPC’s Youth Advisory Council, you can participate in meaningful discussions about important issues affecting children and youth. You’ll also be asked for your opinion and advice on issues relating to:
- access and privacy rights of Ontario’s children and youth
- holding institutions accountable for protecting children and youth
- IPC program ideas and resources to enhance privacy education and digital literacy among children and youth
- You will receive a certificate of participation and you may also be able to claim your participation as high school community service volunteer hours. Check with your school to see if being on the IPC’s Youth Advisory Council qualifies for volunteer hours.
How do I apply?