We are currently accepting proposals for the upcoming Educator’s Anti-Racism Conference taking place in Toronto, ON at on February 21, 2024.
Focused on K-12 educators the theme of the conference is Cultivating Mental Wellbeing and Building Community.
- Conference Date: Thursday, February 21, 2024
- Location: Old Mill Inn, Toronto, ON
- Format: Small Groups (15-50 attendees per session)
- Additional Information: We will be offering seven different workshops including 2 workshops in French. Workshops run from 11:30am – 1:00pm EST.
Cultivating Mental Wellness and Building Community
Through this conference attendees will build their knowledge of anti-racist and decolonial theory in the education sector; and learn ways to practically apply the data, evidence, and community insights to create anti-racist classroom spaces that promote the mental health and wellbeing of Black, Indigenous, Asian, Latinx, and students of colour. In each workshop session, facilitators will include interactive discussions and activities to engage participants and share additional resources for further learning.
- Bridge the gap between academia, educators and community organizers by presenting the newest most relevant theory, data, evidence and community insights;
- Outline for attendees’ current challenges and systemic barriers that have been constructed and are causing negative impacts on racialized educators and students mental health and wellbeing;
- Educate attendees on how to establish and cultivate inclusive practices in their classroom to address systemic and inter-personal racism in schools and classrooms;
- Provide theory and practical applications on how to embed anti-racist and decolonial mental health practices in their boards, schools, and classrooms; and,
- Engage in healing spaces that build community and foster solidarity across the educator community.
- Educators including support staff and administrators
- Student teachers
- Academia (Faculty of Education + Administrators) – Universities and Colleges (ECE, etc.)
- Board + administrators
- Independent schools
Workshops are 1.5 hours in length and are expected to include a practical application component as well as some additional resources to be shared.