Position Type: Full-Time
Contract Duration: One-year renewable contract
Rate: $58,000 – $65,000 with benefits
As YouthREX’s Communications and Digital Engagement Associate, you’ll play a critical role in our overall communications strategy and our social media engagement to support YouthREX’s vision of facilitating shared knowledge for better youth outcomes!
You’ll support YouthREX’s social media activities and digital storytelling to bring YouthREX’s work to life in innovative and engaging ways through different communication mediums (videos, podcasts, data visualization and infographics, writing, photos, etc).
You’ll actively contribute to the animation of YouthREX’s Virtual Café that hosts our online Communities of Practice. You will ensure that all communication contents align with YouthREX’s communications and branding style.
You are passionate about equity and youth wellbeing and understand and acknowledge the complexities of the youth sector.
This role requires having a finger on the pulse of Ontario’s youth sector while using your communications and digital engagement skills to amplify YouthREX initiatives for our stakeholders. This position also requires lots of multi-tasking, initiative and creative collaboration with team members.
- Post-secondary education and training in Communications/Marketing/Design (or related field) and/or two to four years in a similar role.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively and efficiently develop content for digital and other communication channels such as blogs, social media, reports.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and be resourceful and creative.
- Experience with and high-level interest in using social media and online platforms including MailChimp, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Canva, LinkedIn, Buffer/Hootsuite, EventBrite, SurveyMonkey, GoToWebinar and Zoom, among others.
- Working knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) practices.
- Intermediate/advanced proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, Google Suite, WordPress and Squarespace.
- Strong understanding of digital analytics, including ability to collect, analyze and interpret data to guide data-informed decision-making.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to synthesize complex information and translate into materials that are accessible and interesting to a range of stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to foster positive relationships and communicate well with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated understanding of the barriers and challenges that confront youth – including racialized youth, newcomer youth, Indigenous youth, youth with disabilities or special needs, youth in and leaving care, Francophone youth, LGBT2SQ youth, youth living in rural & remote communities, youth from low-income families and youth in conflict with the law.
Interested and think your experiences and skills make you a good fit for this position? Please send a resume and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org outlining why you are interested in this position and how you meet the criteria above drawing on specific examples.
Review of applications will begin on Monday, June 14 and will continue until position is filled.
Please also enclose sample(s) of your writing and work which is relevant to this position.
You may want to answer the following three questions in your cover letter:
- Explain the most successful social media campaign that you’ve run. What was the goal and how did you meet it?
- How do you think social media channels can support YouthREX’s mission and values?
- From a quick look at YouthREX’s social media presence, what is ONE thing we could test that may help with engagement?