Gender Justice in Sports: How Leaders Can Engage Men & BoysNext Gen Men & Women and Gender Equality Canada (WAGE)
From the locker room to the boardroom, leaders in sports have a responsibility to create safer and more inclusive cultures for current and future athletes. How can we leverage the positions of trust we have as coaches, leaders, parents, and athletes to create positive & lasting change?
We’re calling on male leaders in sports: athletes (of course), but particularly coaches and administrators, to leverage your positions to not only teach skill towards performance but to support athletes to become the best people they can be on & off the field/ice/court/hill/etc (there’s so many places sports can be played!). We believe many of you entered into sports to become the best version of yourselves, and into coaching to bring out the best in others.
Join our host, Chandra Crawford (Canadian Olympic Gold Medalist and Founder of Fast and Female), to hear from experts changing the conversation (and the culture) in sports. Our panelists engage athletes of all ages, coaches, and leaders in sports, to build increased leadership capacity to meet the challenges that sports are currently facing head-on. Our panelists are joining us from:
- Be the Voice
- SASC Waterloo
- and others to be announced soon!
You will learn:
- 26 research-based ways to effectively engage men & boys in your teams — and how to apply those tips in practice
- About the different approaches being used by various organizations across Canada currently doing this work with teams and organizations like yours
- About resources where you can continue your learning & build your capacity to make the changes you want to see within athletes, teams, leagues, and organizations
- Who can help you make change happen on your team & within your sport — you’re not alone!
This event is the first of an initiative between Next Gen Men and WAGE — Pathways: For Engaging Men & Boys in Gender Justice (Pathways for short) — to establish a network inviting new stakeholders to engage the men & boys in their spaces in the advancement of gender equity and the prevention of gender-based violence.
Click on the Learn More link for event details and to register.