Position Type: Full-Time Contract / March 2023– March 2024 (possibility of renewal)
Rate: $65,000 – $80,000 with benefits
Location: Anywhere in Ontario
ABOUT THE POSITION
YouthREX is looking to hire a Research and Evaluation Associate or Research and Evaluation Manager (depending on qualifications and experience) with a strong background in equity-focused evaluations within a community sector context, as well as experience conducting both qualitative and quantitative analysis. We are looking for a person who is excited at the thought of being part of a small but mighty organization that straddles the interface of community and academic cultures.
The position requires an understanding and acknowledgment of the complexities of the youth sector and in-depth knowledge and experience with community-based research and program evaluation, including logic model development, research and evaluation design and methodologies, data collection, qualitative and quantitative analysis, report writing, and visualization to communicate lessons in accessible formats for internal and external stakeholders.
Required Experience & Skills
- Graduate degree in a social science discipline or related field.
- Strong background in qualitative and quantitative methods and analysis.
- Understanding of evaluation theories and how these can be adapted for community-based youth programs.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills and the ability to synthesize and translate complex information into materials that are accessible to community stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience establishing and sustaining relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders across the youth sector.
- Demonstrated understanding of the barriers and challenges that confront Black, Indigenous and other racialized youth.
Key Responsibilities Include
- Coordinating and/or supporting research and evaluation supports for youth-serving organizations, including support with conceptualization, design, selection of methodology, data collection, analysis, report writing, presentation of findings, post-project evaluations and theories of change.
- Providing/facilitating learning opportunities to youth service and program planners and practitioners on the development of research and evaluation plans, including data. collection methods, analysis, and use of theories of change and performance measurement tools.
- Supporting and mentoring research assistants, placement students, work-study students & summer students.
To apply, please send a resume, writing samples and a cover letter to: email@example.com outlining why you are interested in this position and how you meet the criteria above drawing on specific examples.
Review of applications will begin on Monday, May 01, 2023, and will continue until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest. We apologize that only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.