We are excited to share a new pilot funding opportunity to support projects and research that promote social responsibility and benefits Ontarians in a positive way.
The Fund directly supports the OCS’s Social Responsibility strategy and includes three Social Impact funding streams:
- Establishing a Foundation for Environmental Sustainability
- Supporting a Diverse & Inclusive Cannabis Industry in Ontario
- Advancing Cannabis Knowledge & Promoting Responsible Consumption
The Fund is rooted in our commitment to promoting responsible cannabis consumption while protecting youth and vulnerable populations. Our focus is on funding projects and research that create shared social value and mobilize knowledge for people, communities and the Ontario cannabis sector.
By investing in environmental sustainability, education, knowledge mobilization and projects that promote diversity, equity and inclusion in the cannabis industry, we are working to achieve our vision. We are looking for partners who have goals that align with our Social Responsibility pillars.
In 2023, for the first time, the OCS has allocated $500,000 for this pilot funding cycle.
- Depending on scope and needs, the available funding ranges from $25,000 to $100,000.
- Projects can be between eight and 12 months in duration.
- Applicants may make only one request.
We welcome applications from incorporated not-for-profits, registered charitable organizations, and researchers and research teams affiliated with academic or research institutions. For a full list of eligibility criteria, please consult the Social Impact Fund Application Guide.
- Call for Applications Opens: Tuesday, April 25, 2023, at 9AM EST
- Application Deadline: Thursday, May 25, 2023, at 5PM EST
- OCS Response: August 2023
- Project Start: No later than October 16, 2023