YouthLink is a leading, multi-service non-profit youth agency offering counselling, parenting, housing, family support and education programs for youth aged 12 to 24 and their families. We imagine a strong Scarborough where all youth and their families thrive. Each year, our services reach over 2,600 low-income and marginalized young people and their families. We have big plans to help build a stronger Scarborough community and we need your help!
YouthLink is currently seeking three (3) equity-focused volunteers for nomination to our Board of Directors. Ideal candidates will bring their governance experience, strategic thinking, and commitment to widening the organizations reach to advance the mission and goals of the organization. Specifically, we are seeking individuals with experience in the following areas:
- Strong understanding of the role of governance in advancing health and social outcome equity and combatting Anti-Black Racism
- One candidate who is a CPA (Chartered Professional Accountant)
- Understanding of, and commitment to supporting fundraising and in particular a strong professional and personal network that could widen the YouthLink circle of support
- Experience in Social Purpose Real Estate, Investment, Housing Development or Community Space Development
- Legal expertise, specifically in commercial and contract law
- Individuals who have recent lived experience as a youth accessing programs and services in Toronto between the ages of 18-29.
The Board of YouthLink has also committed to a minimum standard of community representation by endorsing the 30/50 challenge (a minimum of 30% racialized board members and 50% female members), which we have already exceeded and plan to go further. We have a comprehensive organizational commitment to promote equity and combat Anti-Black Racism.
Please note: a vulnerable sector criminal record check is required. Certificate of a two-dose COVID vaccination is also required.
The application deadline is July 31, 2023.
Click the Learn More link for a more detailed position description and for information on how to apply.