Supporting and Promoting Mental Health for Black Youth
Resources for Child and Youth Mental Health Core Service Providers
Hosted by East Metro Youth Services in collaboration with YouthREX
YouthREX creates and curates relevant and accessible evidence-based resources from research, practice, and lived experience, designed for youth workers and other Ontario youth sector stakeholders.
Below is a selection of resources available through our online Knowledge Hub that are relevant to working against anti-Black racism. We are mindful about citing each resource carefully, and providing links to authoring individuals, groups, and organizations. If you have suggestions for resources, please contact our Knowledge Exchange Manager, Kathe Rogers, at email@example.com.
Seven Approaches to Inform Mentorship Programs for Black Youth
- African Canadian Transformation Framework: A Tool for Assessing Program Impact
- For Our Children and Youth: Remembering What We Already Know
- Effectively Supporting Black Youth
- An Agency Checklist: Anti-Black Racism, Anti-Oppression and Children and Youth Mental Health
- Anti-Black Racism, Cultural Safety: Clinical Practice Components/Competencies
Towards Race Equity in Education: The Schooling of Black Students in the Greater Toronto Area
York University, 2017
One Vision, One Voice:
Changing the Child Welfare System for African Canadians
Ontario Association of Children’s Aid Societies, 2016
A Better Way Forward: Ontario’s 3-Year Anti-Racism Strategic Plan
Government of Ontario, 2017
Conversations About Masculinity: How Mentors Can Support Young Men of Color
IN THE NEWS
Access additional resources to support your work with Black youth on our Knowledge Hub!