Position Type: Paid Internship / 4 months to 12 months
Terms: 7.5 to 15 hours per week / $25 – $30 per hour
Location: Anywhere in Ontario
ABOUT THE POSITION
YouthREX is seeking a Communications and Digital Content Intern who can support our communications strategy while being mentored in building their skills through work experience that supports their career goals. The position requires an interest in youth wellbeing and accessible communication for youth sector stakeholders. We are looking for a person who is excited at the thought of being part of a small but mighty organization that straddles the interface of community and academic cultures.
This position reports directly to the Brand and Design Manager.
Required Experience & Skills
- Some post-secondary education in Communications/Marketing/Design (or related fields).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, planning, and coordination skills.
- Strong interest and some experience in how to develop and implement a communication strategy.
- Experience with / ability to develop content for communication and social media platforms (blog, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, etc).
- Experience with digital marketing and event channels (MailChimp, Eventbrite, Later, etc).
- Some experience working with Canva, WordPress and Visual Composer (or similar content management systems).
Key Responsibilities Include
- Supporting YouthREX’s social media strategy (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok)
- Writing and/or editing content for various communications channels (blog posts, monthly
newsletters, reports, etc).
- Updating WordPress website using Visual Composer.
- Ensuring communications content aligns with communications and branding style.
- Providing support to various initiatives, including event coordination and support, etc.
- Proactively identifying opportunities, tools, and platforms to strengthen engagement, deepen connection, and amplify YouthREX’s initiatives.
To apply, please send a resume, writing samples and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org outlining why you are interested in this position and how you meet the criteria above drawing on specific examples.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the internship is filled. Please feel free to attach additional portfolio items/links as appropriate.
We thank all applicants for their interest. We apologize that only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted.