The School Health Grant for Youth provides Canadian youth, ages 13 to 19 and enrolled in grades 9 to 12 or Secondary 3 to 6 in Quebec, the opportunity to apply to 1 of 3 levels of grant funding ($1500, $2500, $3500). The goal of the grant is to develop youth-driven and youth-inspired initiatives that encourage and promote healthy living in their school. Project initiatives must align with 1 or more of the following PHAC priorities:
- Reducing substance-related harms
- Example : Conduct a research project on vaping in your school and how it affects students.
- Example: Organize a program on preventing and reducing substance-related harms, focused on ensuring the availability of life-saving tools like naloxone kits in your school environment.
- Healthy eating and nutrition
- Physical activity
- Example: Organize a “come out and play” intramural sports program.
- Example: Start an inclusive sports program that is accessible for youth with disabilities.
- Positive mental health and well-beingFootnote*
- Example: Start a gender and sexuality alliance to help promote an inclusive school environment.
- Example: Organize a learning event in your school to promote mindful social media use.
Who can apply
To apply you must:
- be a youth between the ages of 13-19
- be a student enrolled in grades 9-12 or in Secondary 3 to 6 in QuebecFootnote**
- be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident in Canada
- not be a federal government employee at the time of applying
Click on the Learn More link for details on grant opportunities and to apply.