Cannabis & The Adolescent Brain4 months ago 4 months ago
This video was produced by the YMCA Youth Cannabis Awareness Program.
HERE’S HOW THE CREATORS DESCRIBE THIS VIDEO:
The human brain continues to develop until the age of 25. During adolescence, youth learn about the world and discover who they are as their brains mature. Risky behaviours such as using cannabis can have harmful effects on a developing brain when use (regular and heavy) begins in adolescence.
Join us as we explore:
- How the human brain develops as we grow up
- How compounds in cannabis interact with the human body
- How cannabis affects different regions of the brain
- Health risks of cannabis use on a developing brain
- A discussion on cannabis use disorder
- Harm reduction strategies and support resources
Youth Cannabis Awareness Program takes a harm reduction approach toward recreational cannabis use and does not make value judgments regarding recreational cannabis use, seeking instead to minimize risks associated with cannabis use by providing the most accurate and unbiased information.
YMCA Youth Cannabis Awareness Program. (2022, January 26). Cannabis & The Adolescent Brain. https://youtu.be/ykhxbGlSsjY
Categorised in: Video