Challenging Islamophobia in the Ontario Youth Sector3 years ago 3 years ago
This webinar was hosted by YouthREX.
HERE’S HOW THE HOSTS DESCRIBE THIS WEBINAR:
How can we work together to challenge Islamophobia and support Muslim youth in Ontario?
This engaging conversation will deepen your understanding of Islamophobia, the experiences of Muslim youth, and how youth sector stakeholders can engage in meaningful allyship. This webinar was presented in partnership with the National Council of Canadian Muslims (NCCM).
Our guests for this critical discussion included:
- Habon Ali, Youth Community Advocate & Organizer
- Ayesha Syed, GTA Teacher, Equity & Inclusive Education Facilitator, Community Organizer (Alliance of Educators for Muslim Students and Women Offering Wisdom)
- Gilary Massa, Human Rights Outreach & Engagement Officer, Toronto District School Board
- Aasiyah Khan, Education and Outreach Coordinator, National Council of Canadian Muslims
Resources from NCCM (available on the Knowledge Hub):
- Report: High School Student Town Hall
- Toolkit: Know Your Rights: A Guide for Muslim Post-Secondary Students
Youth Research & Evaluation eXchange (YouthREX). (2020, March 24). Challenging Islamophobia in the Ontario Youth Sector (Webinar Recording) on Vimeo [Video file]. Retrieved from https://vimeo.com/400318991
Categorised in: Webinar