YouthREX is excited to share Cannabis and Mental Health with the Ontario youth sector, in partnership with Cannabis & Psychosis and its parent organization, the Schizophrenia Society of Canada.
We're turning over a new leaf on cannabis education. Studies show that double the percentage of cannabis use occurs at ages 16-24 rather than at 25 years and older. These results demonstrate the need to shift away from cannabis-use prevention in youth and towards providing the knowledge, tools, and support needed to safely and responsibly use cannabis.
Cannabis and Mental Health was developed to equip youth with tangible skills and tools to understand the risks and benefits of cannabis use for mental health and wellness.
After taking this certificate, youth will:
- Get the facts about mental health and substance use health
- Dive deeper into cannabis use and mental health
- Understand the historical legacy and current context
- Find balance and reduce harm
- The certificate provides 4 unique learning modules, to be completed at the learner's own pace. From the endocannabinoid system to harm reduction tips, this course has you covered!
- The course is diverse with balanced perspectives. There's 25+ videos featuring people with a wide variety of expertise with cannabis and mental health.
CHECK OUT THE MENTOR GUIDE
Cannabis and Mental Health includes a facilitated guide for youth workers, program leaders, educators, mentors, parents, and youth allies.
The activities offer fun ways to help youth build resilience and skills to stay balanced and thrive, now and in the future.
These skills include the ability to understand and manage stress, problem solve, think critically, communicate, and collaborate with others.
A group of youth and allies from various organizations worked together to create this guide based on research, lived experience, and conversations with young people across the country.
Successful completion of the 4 modules will earn you a certificate in Cannabis and Mental Health and a LinkedIn Badge!