Youth Mental Health: Supporting The Supporter – Knowledge for Front Line Youth Workers & Community Stakeholders1 year ago 1 year ago
This toolkit was developed by the Toronto Youth Equity Strategy.
HERE’S HOW THE AUTHORS DESCRIBE THIS TOOLKIT:
The objective of this knowledge transfer is to increase the capacity of front line youth workers and community stakeholders in providing necessary mental health interventions with young people and brokering essential services for ongoing support. Emphasis of this training is placed on areas of knowledge and skill regarding youth mental health, community service knowledge, and referral expertise. While short term goals are the emphasis within this learning opportunity, medium and longer terms are documented below. This information can be shared with participants to better inform the deliverables and hopeful outcomes of the day.
Short Term Goals:
- Enhance knowledge of youth mental health challenges inclusive of signs & symptoms and problem-solving techniques;
- Increase understanding of the impacts of youth mental health within the youth’s ecology;
- Enhance knowledge of therapeutic interventions inclusive of their necessity for expertise in both skill and delivery;
- Increase abilities in critical analysis and self-reflection related to bias, knowledge of self, and service barriers of front line youth workers and community stakeholders;
- Front line youth workers will experience an increase in confidence to administer interventions and service brokerage surrounding youth mental health.
Mid Term Goals:
- Increased capacity of front line youth workers and community stakeholders to engage in self-reflection related to roles and responsibilities of interventionists;
- Broaden understanding of case management and its importance in effective service brokerage.
Long Term Goals:
- Youth and families experience increased mental health wellness through the provision of effective mental health services;
- Front line youth workers and community stakeholders collaborate and coordinate effective service delivery for youth and families.
Toronto Youth Equity Strategy. (2020). Youth Mental Health: Supporting The Supporter – Knowledge for Front Line Youth Workers & Community Stakeholders. https://www.toronto.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/9381-Youth-Mental-health-2020.pdf
Categorised in: Toolkit