Critical Youth Mentorship: A Youth Work Teach-In | Part 21 year ago 1 year ago
This video was produced by YouthREX.
HERE’S HOW THE CREATORS DESCRIBE THIS VIDEO:
How can we expand our understandings of youth mentorship in ways that centre the strengths and voices of young people, promote intergenerational and multidirectional learning, and advance social justice?
In celebration of National Mentoring Month, YouthREX, MENTOR Canada, and the York Research Chair in Youth and Contexts of Inequity hosted this two-part event to explore inclusive, equitable, and meaningful approaches to youth mentorship.
The event featured keynotes by Dr. Jean Rhodes and Larissa Crawford, panels of youth programs sharing critical mentorship practices, and spoken word performances.
This video features Part 2, including:
- Keynote and Q&A with Larissa Crawford: Decolonizing our Relationships to Mentorship and the Value of Lived Experience
- Spoken Word Performance by Eddie Lartey
- Panel on Critical Youth Mentorship Practices
- Closing Presentation & Performance by Hamilton YOU Poets
- Thank You! from MENTOR Canada
Please also watch Part 1 and access additional resources from this event!
Part 2 Resources:
- Teach-In Event Program
- YouthREX’s Presentation Slides
- Larissa’s Keynote Presentation Slides
- Slides from Hamilton YOU Poets
- Infographic: Critical Youth Mentorship: Decolonizing our Relationships to Mentorship and the Value of Lived Experience
- REX Virtual Café: Discussion on Critical Youth Mentorship Strategies and Best Practices
Part 2 Links:
- Future Ancestors Services
- Larissa Crawford on Twitter
- Eddie Lartey on Instagram
- Hamilton YOU Poets on Instagram
- Youth Programs: Pinecrest-Queensway Community Health Centre; Connex Youth Mentorship; Finding Our Power Together
- Search Institute’s Developmental Relationships Framework
Youth Research & Evaluation eXchange (YouthREX). (2022). Critical Youth Mentorship: A Youth Work Teach-In | Part 2 [Video file]. https://youtu.be/v-Se-u_2j1w
Categorised in: Video