Critical Youth Mentorship: A Youth Work Teach-In | Part 11 year ago 1 year ago
This video was produced by YouthREX.
HERE’S HOW THE CREATORS DESCRIBE THIS VIDEO:
How can we expand our understandings of youth mentorship in ways that centre the strengths and voices of young people, promote intergenerational and multidirectional learning, and advance social justice?
In celebration of National Mentoring Month, YouthREX, MENTOR Canada, and the York Research Chair in Youth and Contexts of Inequity hosted this two-part event to explore inclusive, equitable, and meaningful approaches to youth mentorship.
The event featured keynotes by Dr. Jean Rhodes and Larissa Crawford, panels of youth programs sharing critical mentorship practices, and spoken word performances.
This video features Part 1, including:
- Keynote and Q&A with Dr. Jean Rhodes: Reflections and New Paths in Youth Mentoring
- Spoken Word Performance by Jayda Marley (The Poet MJ)
- Panel on Critical Youth Mentorship Practices
- Tools for Care with Renelyn Quinicot
Please also watch Part 2 and access additional resources from this event!
Part 1 Resources:
- Teach-In Event Program
- YouthREX’s Presentation Slides
- Jean’s Keynote Presentation Slides
- Infographic: Critical Youth Mentorship: Reflections and New Paths in Youth Mentoring
- REX Virtual Café: Discussion on Critical Youth Mentorship Strategies and Best Practices
Part 1 Links:
- The Center for Evidence-Informed Mentoring
- Jean Rhodes on Twitter
- Connected Scholars Program
- Jayda Marley on Instagram
- Renelyn Quinicot on Instagram
- Youth Programs: L.I.G.H.T.; Thunder Bay Multicultural Association; New Beginnings; S.W.A.G.
Youth Research & Evaluation eXchange (YouthREX). (2022). Critical Youth Mentorship: A Youth Work Teach-In | Part 1 [Video file]. https://youtu.be/_na5wz3LZKs
Categorised in: Video