Youth Volunteer Life Cycle: Recruit, Retain, Recognize5 months ago 5 months ago
This toolkit was developed by Halton Youth Initiative.
HERE’S HOW THE CREATORS DESCRIBE THIS TOOLKIT:
The Halton Youth Initiative was a project of the Our Kids Network, serving the Ontario communities of North Oakville, Acton, Aldershot, and Milton.
The Youth Volunteer Life Cycle represents the key aspects of a young person’s experience with volunteering. The Halton Youth Initiative identified three areas of focus: how to recruit, how to retain, and how to recognize youth volunteers.
This online toolkit includes:
- a Practice Brief, sharing key insights about the Youth Volunteer Life Cycle gathered from young leaders, program leaders, and agencies;
- an Infographic, detailing the three key stages of the Youth Volunteer Life Cycle;
- Tip Sheets, outlining all the stages of the Youth Volunteer Life Cycle;
- a Video Playlist, including a collection of videos that explore the qualities of a good volunteer position, the key elements in building successful youth volunteer roles, using technology to enhance youth roles and teams, and how we can we make volunteerism more accessible;
- a Presentation, serving as a companion to the Practice Brief, introducing the Youth Volunteer Life Cycle to your group or staff team.
This is one of several online resource toolkits developed by Halton Youth Initiative.
Halton Youth Initiative. (2021). Youth Volunteer Life Cycle: Recruit, Retain, Recognize. https://www.haltonyouth.com/youth-volunteer-life-cycle
Categorised in: Toolkit