From Trauma-Informed Care to Healing-Centered Engagement: A Youth Work Teach-In with Dr. Shawn Ginwright4 months ago 4 months ago
This video was produced by YouthREX.
HERE’S HOW THE CREATORS DESCRIBE THIS VIDEO:
On February 11, 2021, YouthREX hosted From Trauma-Informed Care to Healing-Centered Engagement: A Youth Work Teach-In with Dr. Shawn Ginwright. See resources and links below.
How can we re-imagine our work with young people and their communities from a trauma-informed approach that only focuses on individual harm and injury to a healing-centered practice that fosters possibility and advances holistic and collective wellbeing?
This virtual Teach-In with Dr. Shawn Ginwright, one of America’s leading innovators, provocateurs, and thought leaders on African American youth, youth activism, and youth development, was a collaboration between YouthREX and the York Research Chair in Youth and Contexts of Inequity.
Dr. Ginwright has led the development of the Healing-Centered Engagement model, a strength-based approach that promotes a collective view of healing – an ongoing process that must also focus on restoring and sustaining the practitioners who work with and support youth.
Through an insightful and engaging presentation and facilitated discussions, this Teach-In worked to:
- Create an understanding of the principles of healing-centered engagement
- Explore how healing-centered engagement can advance our work with young people
- Introduce examples and strategies on how to build systems of support for healing-centered engagement
This video features the opening, performance from Dwayne Morgan, keynote from Dr. Ginwright, performance from Kim Ninkuru, and facilitated Q&A with Dr. Ginwright. This content is copyrighted by YouthREX, Dr. Shawn Ginwright, and Flourish Agenda, Inc.
- Teach-In Agenda
- Teach-In Transcript
- Shawn Ginwright’s Presentation Slides
- YouthREX’s Presentation Slides
- REX Virtual Café: Discussion on Healing-Centered Practice
- Blogpost: The Future of Healing: Shifting From Trauma-Informed Care to Healing-Centered Engagement
- Research Summary: Radically Healing Black Lives: A Love Note to Justice
Youth Research & Evaluation eXchange (YouthREX). (2021). From Trauma-Informed Care to Healing-Centered Engagement: A Youth Work Teach-In with Dr. Shawn Ginwright [Video file]. Retrieved from https://youtu.be/NxTSIlWUeg8
Categorised in: Video