Hacking Deficit Thinking: A Youth Work Teach-In | Spoken Word Performance by Cassandra Myers11 months ago 11 months ago
This video was produced by YouthREX.
HERE’S HOW THE CREATORS DESCRIBE THIS VIDEO:
Hacking Deficit Thinking: Reframing Strength-Based Practices and Equity in Schools was a Youth Work Teach-In featuring Dr. Byron McClure and Dr. Kelsie Reed, US-based school psychologists and authors of Hacking Deficit Thinking: 8 Reframes That Will Change The Way You Think About Strength-Based Practices and Equity in Schools, on November 30, 2022.
Participants were inspired and energized to explore an equity-informed strength-based approach to support youth mental health and wellbeing.
Spoken word artist Cassandra Myers shared her poem, “Blessed Are Those Who Hunger and Thirst for Righteousness, For They Will Be Satisfied.”
Watch the presentation from Dr. McClure and Dr. Reed.
Teach-In Resources & Links:
- PRESENTATION: Dr. McClure & Dr. Reed: A Strength-Based Approach to Supporting Youth Mental Health
- PRESENTATION: YouthREX: Hacking Deficit Thinking Teach-In Slides
- SPOKEN WORD ARTIST: Cassandra Myers
- BOOK: Hacking Deficit Thinking: 8 Reframes That Will Change The Way You Think About Strength-Based Practices and Equity in Schools
- EXTERNAL RESOURCES: Clifton Strengths Finder & VIA Survey of Character Strengths
- REPORT: #HearNowON: Ontario Student Perspectives on School Mental Health
- WEBINAR: Reaching & Teaching Students in Poverty: Strategies for Erasing the Opportunity Gap with Dr. Gorski
Note: Unfortunately, this performance is not available with French interpretation; due to technical difficulties beyond our control, we were unable to activate the simultaneous interpretation function in Zoom.
Youth Research & Evaluation eXchange (YouthREX). (2022). Hacking Deficit Thinking // Spoken Word Performance by Cassandra Myers [Video file]. https://youtu.be/yAlbFGDNT24
Categorised in: Video